Contact Information

 0303 123 1702

Allerdale Borough Council,
Allerdale House,
CA14 3YJ

This page has been tagged with the following keywords (What's this?)

animal, welfare, mistreated, cruelty, injured, animals, wildlife, birds, pets


General animal welfare

Our Street Scene Team can provide you with information and advice on who to contact if you think an animal is being mistreated, you find an injured animal or you would like to complain about an establishment that keeps animals.

If you are concerned about animal welfare, or think that an animal mistreated in any way, then please contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.

Establishments that keep animals

Allerdale Borough Council licences and inspects pet shopsanimal boarding establishments, breeding establishments, riding schools and those who keep wild animals either as part of a private collection or within zoos. We also inspect circuses that have performing animals.

Injured wildlife

For injured wildlife you should contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 or locally you can contact Knoxwood Animal Refuge on 016973 43812 or visit their website at

Carlisle City Council logo   Cumbria County Council

Copeland District Council logo   Eden District Council logo


Contact us

0303 123 1702

Allerdale Borough Council
Allerdale House, Workington, Cumbria,
CA14 3YJ