Skip to main content
Government's £150 rebate scheme

Eligible households across Allerdale will begin to receive their £150 energy cost council tax rebate from today (Thursday 12 May). 
More than 40,000 households will receive a one-off payment, with the first batch of payments for those in council tax bands A to D who pay for their council tax via direct debit.
There are some households whose Direct Debit details have not been verified and these will follow on as soon as possible. Households who don’t pay by direct debit will receive letters containing information on how they can collect the rebate from their local post office in the coming weeks. 

Find out more about the rebate scheme.

Guide to reporting crime, nuisance and anti-social behaviour issues

The table below outlines how to report crime and anti-social issues which may be affecting your area.

If a crime is in the process of being committed, or there is a danger to life, please do ring 999.

Community reporting guide
IssueFlytipping, littering, dog fouling, trade waste, graffiti, syringesAnti Social Behaviour, Crime and DisorderIssues with Social Housing ASB, housing condition
Who should report it?Resident, business ownerResident, business ownerTenant
Where report it to?Allerdale Borough Council. Use the myAllerdale app, online forms or ring 0303 123 1702Cumbria Police: Use their Report It forms or ring 101, or email 101emails@cumbria.police.ukTo your Housing Association
Will feedback be given?Yes. You will receive a report number and details of any action takenYou may receive contact from Cumbria Constabulary requesting more informationYes via the relevant agencies Housing Officer
What if the issue continues?Raise this again via MyAllerdale quoting the report number – areas of high instances of reporting are prioritised for patrols and enforcement actionRaise this again via Cumbria Constabulary – areas of high instances of reporting are prioritised for patrols and Policing actionRaise this again with your Housing Officer
How can I escalate an issues?You can also make a complaint to Allerdale Borough Council onlineIf you are dissatisfied, you can make a complaint to Cumbria PoliceYou can raise your issue with Allerdale Borough Council's Housing Enforcement Team via the online enquiry form.

Key links

Allerdale Borough Council's myAllerdale online reporting service

Find out more about how to report things to us via our online forms and myAllerdale app.  

Cumbria Police

Find out more about how to report non-urgent issues to Cumbria Police online .

Housing Associations

Find out the contact details for the  local housing associations.