Close ​​​​​​​Waste collections

Bins not been emptied? We do apologise, but due to changes to our waste collection services the crews are finding they are not able to make it to some properties on the right day. We are working to address this. If your bin hasn't been emptied, check our webpage to see if you live in an area we know about and, if so, please just leave your bin out. You do not need to report it to us. We are doing everything we can to return to your property in the following day or two. You can also find out more about the changes to our bin collections and check your bin day with our online calendar.

Complaints, compliments and suggestions

Making a suggestion 

We aim to meet our high customer service standards, and we welcome suggestions and compliments about our services.

Use our online suggestion form

Send us a compliment

If you would like to tell us about something we've done really well or one of our officers who deserves recognition please use our online compliments form.

Use our online compliment form

Making a complaint

If you wish to complain about a Council service please contact the department concerned in the first instance. 

If, after dealing directly with a department, you still have a complaint about a Council service or feel that you have been unjustly treated, then you can let the Council know via our formal complaints procedure.

Complaints procedure

  • If you are dissatisfied with something that the Council has done, let us know using the online complaints form.
  • Say clearly what was wrong and tell us what you think we should do to put things right.
  • Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days. We will tell you who is to investigate, how to get in touch with them, and when you may expect our response to your complain.
  • We will try to resolve your complaint within ten working days. If this is not possible, we will tell you when you might expect the Council’s formal answer. We will stay in touch with you until we have answered your complaint.

Use our online form to make a complaint

When we investigate we may find that the Council has acted properly. We shall explain the details.

If we have made a mistake or acted wrongly, we shall tell you. We will try to put matters right and we will work to ensure others do not have the same experience.

Complaint stages

  1. Your complaint will be investigated in the first instance by the the department manager.
  2. If you remain dissatisfied you must let us know within three weeks of receiving a response and your complaint will be escalated to the Head of Service with responsibility for the department you are making a complaint against or the Council’s Monitoring Officer, for review and response.
  3. If you are not satisfied by the Council’s response, you may seek an independent review of your complaint by the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman will expect you to have complained first to the Council, to give us the chance to make a response. You should explain what has already happened and include copies of the Council’s responses with your complaint.