The Political Structure and leadership
The Council has adopted a format that includes a Leader and an Executive committee. The Council also has a number of committees including Full Council, the Development Panel, Licensing Committee, and the Scrutiny Committee.
Full details of the role of these decision making bodies can be found in our Constitution .
Council Leader: Cllr Mike Johnson
Cllr Mike Johnson, who represents Allhallows and Waverton ward, was elected as leader in March 2021. He had previously been deputy leader since December 2019.
Mike has been a councillor on Allerdale Borough Council since May 2019. He is also a councillor on Cumbria County Council.
He is a member of the Allerdale Conservatives group.
Mike also holds the portfolio for Economic Growth, Community Development and Placemaking.
Council Deputy Leader: Cllr Marion Fitzgerald
Cllr Marion Fitzgerald, who represents the Dalton ward, was appointed as deputy leader in March 2021. Marion is also the Executive member for Policy, Governance and People Resources.
The current Executive
The rest of the Executive is made up of the following members:
- Cllr Jim Lister is the Executive member with responsibility for Finance and Legal
- Cllr Tony Markley is the Executive member with responsibility for Environmental Services
- Cllr John Cook is the Executive member with responsibility for Leisure and Tourism
- Cllr Alan Pitcher is the Executive member with responsibility for Customer Experience and Innovation
- Cllr Marion Fitzgerald is the Executive member with responsibility for Policy, Governance and People Resources
If you wish to contact any councillors, you can find their details on the website .
To see more detail about the Executive members' responsibilities click on the file below.Allerdale BC portfolio responsibilities