What does my Council Tax pay for?
Council Tax is paid by the occupier or owner of a domestic property and helps pay for a wide range of public services. The money you pay contributes towards services delivered by Allerdale Borough Council, Cumbria County Council, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Cumbria and parish councils.
Although you pay your Council Tax to Allerdale Borough Council, we act as a Tax Collector (billing authority) for all of these authorities.
Allerdale Borough Council and your local parish council work out the cost of providing the services you need each year. This determines how much your Council Tax bill will be.
The main source of income from Council Tax goes on major services including:
- Children's social care
- Waste collection and processing
- Support for the elderly and vulnerable
- Schools, education and youth services
- Preventing homelessness through social housing
- Maintaining carparks and open spaces
- Roads, highways and street lighting maintenance
- Planning and building control services
- Coroners, registrars, courts and elections
- Street cleaning and flood defences
Council Tax contributions broken down per band
|Council Tax band||Allerdale Borough Council £||Cumbria County Council £||PCC For Cumbria £||Total £|
|Band A (Up to £40,000)||116.48||960.37||177.06||1253.91|
|Band B (£40,001- £52,000)||135.89||1120.44||206.57||1462.90|
|Band C (£52,001-£68,000)||155.31||1280.49||236.08||1671.88|
|Band D (68,001-£88,000)||174.72||1440.56||265.59||1880.87|
|Band E (£88,001-£120,000)||213.55||1760.68||324.61||2298.84|
|Band F (£120,001-£160,000)||252.37||2080.81||383.63||2716.81|
|Band G (£160,001-£320,000)||291.20||2400.93||442.65||3134.78|
|Band H (£320,001 and over)||349.44||2881.12||531.18||3761.74|