Find out more about the changes to our bin collections. You can also check your bin day with our online calendar and if we have missed collecting your waste, you can report it online.You can also find out how to report issues to us online such as if you haven't had a calendar or a new bin/box.
Easter waste collections and opening hours
In the week beginning, 22 April, all collections will be a day later with collections usually due on Friday 26 April being carried out on Saturday 27 April. Collections return to normal in the following week. Find out more.
Elections - May 2019
Find out more about the local elections on 2 May 2019, including how to register to vote, how to apply for a postal or proxy vote and who is standing for election. You can also see a full breakdown of the results in 2015. You can also find out about the European Parliament elections on 23 May 2019.
Local elections in May 2019
On 2 May 2019 there will be local elections held for Allerdale Borough Council and local town and parish councils. There will also be a by-election for the Cumbria County Council Thursby Ward.
MENCAP in conjuction with the Electoral Commission have devised an easy-read guide to the elections.
Key dates for the upcoming local elections are:
- Friday 12 April (midnight): was the deadline to register to vote
- Monday 15 April at 5pm: was the deadline for a postal vote application
- Wednesday 24 April at 5pm: proxy vote application, and any changes to existing, deadline
- Tuesday 2 May: polling day
- 2 May (5pm) - deadline for applications to vote by emergency proxy on the grounds of disability or for work/service reasons (the disability must have occurred after 5pm on 24 April. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware after 5pm on 24 April that they cannot go to the polling station in person. Emergency proxy applications have to be supported by an attestation.
- 15 April – postal votes go out (if application received prior to 3 April)
- 23 April – postal votes sent out if application received 3 April to 15 April
- 24 April – Notice of Agents issued and polling station lists (Notice of Situation of Polling Station)
Who is standing for election?
Click on the Statement of Persons Nominated links below to find out who is standing in the local elections on May 2:
Notice of Poll and situation of polling stations
Click on the documents below for the Notice of Poll and the relevant polling stations for each ward:
Where are there uncontested elections?
There are some wards, where the number of people standing is equal or lower than the number of seats. These are therefore uncontested. Click on the documents below:
Cancelled town council ward election (countermanded)
Following the death of Martin Pugmire who was a nominee for the Keswick Town Council ward for Keswick East, the election for candidates for this ward only has been cancelled (countermanded) as of 23 April 2019.
No fresh nomination is required in the case of a person shown in the Statement of Persons Nominated as standing validly nominated for the East Ward. Other candidates wishing to stand at the elections for the wards mentioned above will be required to submit their nomination paper in accordance with a new election timetable, which will be published shortly.
In due course, poll cards informing electors of the new date for the polls will be sent to each elector’s registered address.
How to register to vote
The deadline to register to vote for the local elections has now passed.
How to apply for a postal or proxy vote
Can't make it to the polling booth? The deadline to apply for a postal vote has passed, however you can apply for a proxy vote
Notices of Election
You can download the Notices of Election for the three elections below:
Results in 2015
Changes for the borough election
The elections for Allerdale Borough Council will be held under the new ward boundaries and seats. The number of seats is reducing from 56 to 49. The ward boundaries are also changing.
You can find details of the old boundaries. The map below shows the new ward boundaries.
Parish and town council changes
There will also be changes to the ward boundaries and number of councillors for Workington Town Council, with other changes for Keswick Town Council, Broughton Parish Council and Embleton Parish Council.