Allerdale Borough Council leader appoints new Executive
Allerdale Borough Council leader Mike Johnson has appointed his new Executive following the council’s annual general meeting last night (Wednesday, May 19th).
Cllr Johnson’s deputy remains as Cllr Marion Fitzgerald, the Executive member with responsibility for Policy, Governance and People Resources.
Cllr John Cook has decided to stand down from the Executive having previously held the tourism and leisure portfolio and Cllr Colin Sharpe, who was elected earlier this month to represent Seaton and Northside, as been brought onto the Executive with responsibility for finance and legal.
The new Executive is now:
· Cllr Mike Johnson, Leader with responsibility for Economic Growth, Community, Development and Placemaking
· Cllr Marion Fitzgerald, Deputy Leader with the portfolio for Policy, Governance and People Resources
· Cllr Jim Lister, Executive member with the responsibility for Environmental Services
· Cllr Tony Markley, Executive member with responsibility for Leisure and Tourism
· Cllr Colin Sharpe, Executive member with the responsibility for Finance and Legal
· Cllr Alan Pitcher, Executive member with Customer Experience and Innovation
Speaking at the AGM, Cllr Johnson said:
“I’m sure you will all agree that Cllr Cook has done a tremendous job over the last two years, and he has always done it with his usual good humour and broad smile.
“Of course, Cllr Cook’s decision has enabled me to bring returning councillor, Colin Sharpe, onto the executive. Cllr Sharpe has proven himself to be an incredibly capable councillor and he will be a great addition to the executive team.
“I have also taken the opportunity to have a minor reshuffle of the portfolios with Cllr Cook’s departure. I believe that these changes play to the strengths of the executive and I’m sure that all of the portfolio holders will look forward to engaging with the wider membership as we bid to tackle the challenges and capitalise on the opportunities that the next 12 months will present.”