Skip to main content

Guide to reporting crime, nuisance and anti-social behaviour issues

The table below outlines how to report crime and anti-social issues which may be affecting your area.

If a crime is in the process of being committed, or there is a danger to life, please do ring 999.

Community reporting guide
IssueFlytipping, littering, dog fouling, trade waste, graffiti, syringesAnti Social Behaviour, Crime and DisorderIssues with Social Housing ASB, housing condition
Who should report it?Resident, business ownerResident, business ownerTenant
Where report it to?Cumberland Council. Use the myCumberland online forms or ring 0300 373 3730Cumbria Police: Use their Report It forms or ring 101, or email 101emails@cumbria.police.ukTo your Housing Association
Will feedback be given?Yes. You will receive a report number and details of any action takenYou may receive contact from Cumbria Constabulary requesting more informationYes via the relevant agencies Housing Officer
What if the issue continues?Raise this again via MyCumberland quoting the report number – areas of high instances of reporting are prioritised for patrols and enforcement actionRaise this again via Cumbria Constabulary – areas of high instances of reporting are prioritised for patrols and Policing actionRaise this again with your Housing Officer
How can I escalate an issues?You can also make a complaint to Cumberland Council onlineIf you are dissatisfied, you can make a complaint to Cumbria PoliceYou can raise your issue with Allerdale Borough Council's Housing Enforcement Team via the online enquiry form.

Key links

Our myCumberland online reporting service

Find out more about how to report things to us via our online forms and myCumberland app.  

Cumbria Police

Find out more about how to report non-urgent issues to Cumbria Police online .

Housing Associations

Find out the contact details for the  local housing associations.