We are aware of an issue which may affect those using the Safari browser to view our website, which affects some of the online forms. If you are using Safari to access one of our online forms and see an error message, we recommend using another browser such as Chrome. Our contractor is working on a solution to the issue. Apologies for any inconvenience.
See the latest news and get more information regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Find out more about the help for affected businesses, charities and individuals. There is also advice if you are reopening your business and shopping safely. Please use our online forms, webchat, app and phone number to contact us. Our offices remain closed to the public.
Town facelift scheme
We provide grant funding to help shop and home owners, tenants and landlords to improve the external appearance of their premises. This has helps people in Maryport and Wigton in the past.
This year we are providing money for Silloth and Aspatria.
The Council has committed to enhance all of Allerdale’s town centres and this scheme for Silloth and Aspatria will be administered by the Economic Growth team.
The grants are provided by the Council, though all grants are to be match-funded by the applicant themselves. Funding of up to £900 is available – of which you would need to match 10%. So if, for example, you’re awarded a £500 grant, you would need to match it with £50.
What you need to show in your application
- How your project will have a positive impact on the appearance of the town.
- That your project is well organised and planned.
- Whether the budget for your project is realistic and offers value for money.
- What match funding you can contribute to the project.
- Will you have a guarantee that the work has been carried out to a high standard by a registered contractor?
Need more information? Then contact our Economic Growth team on 0303 123 1702
What does the grant cover?
- Materials and physical labour costs.
- Painting with mineral-based paints from the approved colour palette in the town’s shop front design guide.
- Repair and reinstatement of guttering and downpipes.
- External lighting and signage on shops.
What doesn’t the grant cover?
- Work which has already been undertaken or any works which are started prior to a formal offer of grant funding being made.
- ‘In-kind’ contributions such as DIY labouring or painting.
- Structural repairs including re-roofing.
- Internal repairs, alterations, window displays or security measures.
- External shutters and other security devices (eg CCTV).
- Recoverable VAT
Who can apply? And how do I go about it?
More details on who can apply is available in the forms below. If you are eligible use the form to apply for the grant.
Sign up for the latest news and updates