Bins not been emptied? We do apologise, but due to changes to our waste collection services the crews are finding they are not able to make it to some properties on the right day. We are working to address this. If your bin hasn't been emptied, check our webpage to see if you live in an area we know about and, if so, please just leave your bin out. You do not need to report it to us. We are doing everything we can to return to your property in the following day or two. You can also find out more about the changes to our bin collections and check your bin day with our online calendar.
Town facelift scheme
We provide grant funding to help shop and home owners, tenants and landlords to improve the external appearance of their premises. This has helps people in Maryport and Wigton in the past.
This year we are providing money for Silloth and Aspatria.
The Council has committed to enhance all of Allerdale’s town centres and this scheme for Silloth and Aspatria will be administered by the Economic Growth team.
The grants are provided by the Council, though all grants are to be match-funded by the applicant themselves. Funding of up to £900 is available – of which you would need to match 10%. So if, for example, you’re awarded a £500 grant, you would need to match it with £50.
What you need to show in your application
- How your project will have a positive impact on the appearance of the town.
- That your project is well organised and planned.
- Whether the budget for your project is realistic and offers value for money.
- What match funding you can contribute to the project.
- Will you have a guarantee that the work has been carried out to a high standard by a registered contractor?
Need more information? Then contact our Economic Growth team on 0303 123 1702
What does the grant cover?
- Materials and physical labour costs.
- Painting with mineral-based paints from the approved colour palette in the town’s shop front design guide.
- Repair and reinstatement of guttering and downpipes.
- External lighting and signage on shops.
What doesn’t the grant cover?
- Work which has already been undertaken or any works which are started prior to a formal offer of grant funding being made.
- ‘In-kind’ contributions such as DIY labouring or painting.
- Structural repairs including re-roofing.
- Internal repairs, alterations, window displays or security measures.
- External shutters and other security devices (eg CCTV).
- Recoverable VAT
Who can apply? And how do I go about it?
More details on who can apply is available in the forms below. If you are eligible use the form to apply for the grant.