Duty to Refer and Self-Referral
From 1 October 2018 all public authorities have a ‘Duty to Refer’ cases of homelessness, or threatened with homelessness, to a local housing authority. The list of public authorities includes the following agencies:
• Prison (public and private)
• Youth Offender Institutes
• Secure training centres
• Secure colleges
• Youth offending teams
• Probation Service
• Jobcentre Plus
• A&E services provided by hospitals
• Urgent treatment centres
• Hospitals in their capacity of providing in-patient treatment
• Social services authorities
You can refer someone, or refer yourself, to the Housing Option teams in the following ways:
To make a referral by telephone, please contact 01900 702660.
Alternatively, if you would like provide your details online use the link below and someone will be in touch with you to discuss the matter further.