Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme for businesses in Allerdale launched
Eligible businesses in Allerdale most impacted by the Omicron variant can now apply for government grant support from today.
The scheme will provide support to hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses in recognition of the impact the rise of the Omicron variant has had on those businesses and is administered by Allerdale Borough Council with funding provided by the government.
The support will be a one-off grant, available for businesses that were on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) business ratings list on 30 December only.
Grant amounts are based on the rateable value of the business:
- A rateable value of £15,000 or under will receive £2,667
- A rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £4,000
- A rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over will receive £6,000
The types of business eligible through the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant are:
- Hospitality businesses where the main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink
- Leisure businesses that provide opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events, days and nights out, as well as betting and gaming, and
- Accommodation providers whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel and other purposes.
The council’s website has full details of the eligibility criteria, including information on those businesses that are not able to apply. There is also information on the subsidy rules.
The application process is very similar to previous grant schemes administered by the council. Businesses will need to apply for the grant using the online form and provide some key information about their business. Business owners are encouraged to check the website to see what information is required, before starting an application.
More detailed information and the online application form can be found on the council’s website .
Cllr Mike Johnson, Leader of the Council, said: “I’m really pleased that we are able to offer this grant using funding from the government to help Allerdale businesses who have been affected by the Omicron variant. Whilst businesses have not been forced to close, many have still been impacted by the virus and so I’d encourage every eligible business to make their application ahead of the deadline in February.”
The last date for receipt of applications for this grant scheme is 14 February 2022.
Anyone with any queries should check the council's website where there is more information on the scheme. If this information does not answer their question, they can speak to a customer service advisor on 0303 123 1702.