Skip to main content
Death of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Allerdale pays tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh who has sadly died on 9 April 2021.


Coronavirus restrictions remain in place across England including Allerdale. Some of the rules on what you can and cannot do changed on March 29. However, many restrictions remain in place. This link includes details of the roadmap out of lockdown. The government has announced further easing of restrictions from April 12.

• See the latest news and get more information regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and our services.

• Help for affected businesses, charities and other organisations including the support grants that are available.

• Advice for individuals including the Test and Trace Support payment to help those self-isolating.

• Our customer contact centres are not open to the public at the moment due to the restrictions. Please use our online forms, webchat, app and phone number to contact us

What is the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Grant?

To boost self-build and custom housebuilding in Allerdale, the Council has allocated part of its self-build funding towards helping individuals and associations on Part 1 of its Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register .

The Council will grant a maximum of £2,000 to cover the cost of submitting a planning application and paying building control fees. Recipients must have been accepted on to Part 1 of the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register and will be committed to using the Council's planning and building control services.

All members of an association may apply for a grant to cover their building control fees. However, in cases where an association is submitting a planning application on behalf of all members, only one grant will be given. 

The Council will also consider awarding grant funding for retrospective grant applications where the applicant can demonstrate that they would be eligible to join Part 1 of the register, where planning permission has been approved and / or building control fees have been paid using Allerdale Borough Council's services, and where planning permission has been granted since the introduction of the scheme on 17 October 2018.

For more information about the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Grant, please download the Guidance document and application form.

Download the Information and Guidance Document

Download an application form

For more information about the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Grant please contact