Find out more about the upcoming General Election and how you can register to vote or apply for a postal proxy vote at https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/elections/general-election-2019/
Shared ownership is when someone purchases a share of a property (usually between 25% and 75%) and pays rent to the housing association which owns the remaining share. Some shared ownership schemes allow buyers to buy additional shares in the property over time so they can end up owning the property - this is known as staircasing. Contact the housing associations to find out about available properties or go to the Help to Buy North West website for information about the scheme and properties.
Shared ownership properties in Allerdale
- Home Group have shared ownership properties in Brigham, Bothel, Cockermouth and Seaton
- Impact Housing have shared ownership properties in Cockermouth
- Keswick Community Housing Trust have shared ownership properties in Keswick
- Heylo Housing have shared ownership properties available through their Home Reach programme on The Laureates development in Cockermouth
- Mitre Housing Association have shared ownership properties in Workington, contact Eden Housing Association for details.
For more information about affordable housing in Allerdale, contact us on 0303 123 1702 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org