Find out more about the changes to our bin collections. You can also check your bin day with our online calendar and if we have missed collecting your waste, you can report it online.You can also find out how to report issues to us online such as if you haven't had a calendar or a new bin/box.
Easter waste collections and opening hours
In the week beginning, 22 April, all collections will be a day later with collections usually due on Friday 26 April being carried out on Saturday 27 April. Collections return to normal in the following week. Find out more.
Elections - May 2019
Find out more about the local elections on 2 May 2019, including how to register to vote, how to apply for a postal or proxy vote and who is standing for election. You can also see a full breakdown of the results in 2015. You can also find out about the European Parliament elections on 23 May 2019.
Partners agencies of our building control team
All our partners have entered into the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Partnership Scheme. Through this arrangement, we provide the plan checking service for approval of applications for work being carried out anywhere in England.
If you want to partner with us, contact us by email on email@example.com
Tel: 019673 20483
- Modular Off Site Buildings, Traditional Building, Joinery works, Plumbing, Heating and Mechanical Services.
- Renewable Energy Technologies, Electrical work.
- Steel Fabrication and Cladding, Roofing Works, Groundworks and Civils.
Day Cummins Limited
Tel: 01900 820700
- Multi-discipline practice.
- Architectural Design Work - Feasibility, Planning, Building Regulations and Project Monitoring / Contract Administration
- Surveying Services - Building Surveying & Quantity Surveying
- Construction, Design and Management - CDM Principal Designers
- Party Wall Act 1996 - Party Wall Surveyors
- Energy Efficiency - Residential SAP Assessors
Manning Elliott Partnership
Tel: 01768 868800
- Architectural services including all types of housing from extending and regeneration properties to new build and large scale housing developments - private and public sector.
- Commercial buildings such as retail, public houses, offices, hotels, hospitals and interior design.
Benefits of this scheme
- Helping to simplify and speed up the building process generating substantial savings in time and money
- A dedicated professional building control surveyor from the preferred local authority offers pre-application advice on all projects no matter where they are in the country
- The pre-application advice approach ensures that any issues can be resolved early in the design process and will eliminate the need for expensive corrections later in the construction phase
- The single point of contact provided through this scheme results in a consistent approach to plan appraisal
- Any local conditions, site-specific information and necessary consultations are investigated on behalf of the client
- Site inspections will be carried out by your Local Authority Building Control Team benefiting from local knowledge and contacts
- In summary, the client benefits from a single point of contact, consistent approach, improved pre-application service and still benefits from local knowledge, excellent liaison with other services such as Fire, Police and Environmental Health
We do not recommend nor endorse any individuals, organisations or businesses for any specialism. These partners are registered with Allerdale Borough Council through the LABC Partnership Scheme and work closely with our Building Control Team. We do not hold a preferred contractors or suppliers list either.