Supplementary Planning Documents & Guidance
We have produced a number of supplementary documents which add more detail to the policies in the Local Plan. The documents provide further information to guide particular types or aspects of development.
- Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document which looks at all the extra obligations which a developer can be made to commit to under a Section 106 agreement, such as for affordable housing, education and roads
- Conservation Area Supplementary Planning Document
- Wind Energy Supplementary Planning Document
- Cockermouth Conservation Area - Conservation and Design Guide
- Workington Town Centre Supplementary Planning Document
Guidance has also been prepared to aid understanding of aspects of the planning system, although this guidance does not have the same status as supplementary planning documents.
- Biodiversity Net Gain Guidance
- Maryport Shopfront Design Guide
- Cockermouth Shopfront Design Guide
- Wigton Shopfront Design Guide