We are aware of an issue for those using the Safari browser to view our website, which affects some of the online forms. If you are using Safari to access one of our online forms and see an error message, we recommend using another browser such as Chrome. Our contractor is working on a solution to the issue. Apologies for any inconvenience.
See the latest news and get more information regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Find out more about the help for affected businesses, charities and individuals. There is also advice if you are reopening your business and shopping safely. Please use our online forms, webchat, app and phone number to contact us. Our offices remain closed to the public.
If you having difficulty managing your money Allerdale Citizens Advice might be able to help. You can contact them by telephone on 01900 604735or online at http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money. For help with your Council Tax and Housing Costs click on the links below for more information:
- Council Tax Reduction to help pay your Council Tax
- Extra help with housing costs (known as Discretionary Housing Payments) to help pay your rent
- See if you can cut your energy costs by switching suppliers - join The Big Allerdale Switch
Other useful tips and numbers - energy, water and rent bills
- Some energy companies offer a Warm Homes Discount scheme. Contact your energy company to find out if you are eligible.
- You may want to consider installing a water or credit meter. If you are having problems paying your utility bills, contact your supplier straight away and they may be able to offer options payment.
- Energy Efficiency Advice from OfGem
- Speak to your landlord, or if you’re making debt repayments, speak to your creditors, to explain your situation and ask them to accept a later payment once your Universal Credit payment comes through.
- If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax bill, contact us and we may be able to help you
If you’re facing losing your home: ring us on 0303 123 1702 and we may be able to help.
Help with food and clothing costs
- Emergency food from the Food Bank: 01900 604735 or 01900 872547
- Free school meals and clothing vouchers from Cumbria County Council: 01228 221133
- Healthy Start food vouchers if you are pregnant or have children under the age of four
Help if you claim Universal Credit
- Financial Help from Universal Credit
- A short-term advance of Universal Credit
- An interest-free loan
- Longer-term alternative payment arrangements
- Energy and water bills
- Fuel Direct deductions from Universal Credit
Debt advice is available from:
- PayPlan: 0800 280 2816
- Debt Advice Foundation: 0800 622 6151
- National Debtline: 0808 808 4000
- The Money Advice Service
- Affinity (the West Cumbria Credit Union) can also provide loans at a lower-rate of interest than door-step-lenders and pay-day loan providers.
Please don't suffer and ignore any bills you are struggling to pay. Speak to one of our customer service advisors or the Citizens Advice Bureau for help and advice
Sign up for the latest news and updates