Close Waste collections

Find out more about the changes to our bin collections. You can also check your bin day with our online calendar and if we have missed collecting your waste, you can report it online.You can also find out how to report issues to us online such as if you haven't had a calendar or a new bin/box.


Easter waste collections and opening hours

In the week beginning, 22 April, all collections will be a day later with collections usually due on Friday 26 April being carried out on Saturday 27 April. Collections return to normal in the following week. Find out more.


Elections - May 2019

Find out more about the local elections on 2 May 2019, including how to register to vote, how to apply for a postal or proxy vote and who is standing for election. You can also see a full breakdown of the results in 2015. You can also find out about the European Parliament elections on 23 May 2019.

Car park permits

Allerdale Borough Council provides a number of parking permits which can save you money and make it quicker and easier to use our car parks.

How do I buy a car park permit?

All of our car park permits can be bought from one of our customer service centres.

Standard car park permits

The prices of our standard parking permits are as follows:

Private cars and motocycles. Parking is only valid in the car parks shown on the permit.

  • All towns: £432pa
  • Cockermouth only: £258pa
  • Keswick only: £323pa
  • Maryport only: £108pa
  • Wigton only: £186pa
  • Workington only: £270pa
  • Charge for permit alteration: £15

Payment periods - 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12 month are available as a simple divisible.

Low-pay car park permit

If you are on a low income you can get a workers permit for the town you work in. These are £35 for three months or £70 for six months. 

To be eligible you must:

  • earn less that £16,900 gross per annum.
  • provide proof of eligibility. This includes:
    • Evidence of income (payslip, P60, letter of employment offer with salary details etc. – which must include your name and address)
    • Proof of your workplace (must be in town applied for)
    • Proof the vehicle is registered to your home address 

When renewing permits you will have to provide new, current proofs of eligibility.

Please contact our customer services for more information.

Hotel and guest car park permits

If you run a hotel, B&B or other type of accomodation, you can buy a permit for your guests. Please contact our customer services for more information.

Reserved bays

You can reserve a bay in one of our car parks. This costs £240 for six months and £475 for 12 months. Please contact our customer services for more information.

My road has parking restrictions. Where do I get a permit to park there?

We are not responsible for on-street parking. If you need a permit to park on a road, contact Cumbria County Council

Many of the streets in Allerdale are disc parking. This means you can park for free for a limited amount of time (usually one hour). This is provided, and enforced, by Cumbria County Council. You will need to display a disc which you can get for free from many local shops or our customer service centres.