Garden waste and recycling (glass, cans and plastic) collections will resume from SEPTEMBER 9. More details and FAQs can be found on this link: https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/news-and-blog/date-announced-for-waste-and-recycling-collections-to-resume/
Brownfield Land Register
We have to prepare, publish and maintain a Brownfield Register. The Register consists of two parts:
- Part 1 is a list of sites which could be considered suitable for residential development on brownfield land (previously developed land).
- Part 2 is made up of sites which have been taken forward from Part 1 of the Register and given Planning Permission in Principle (PIP).
How does a site get on the Brownfield Register?
In order for sites to be included in Part 1 of the Register, they must meet the following criteria:
- The site must be classified as Previously Developed Land, as defined by the National Planning Policy Framework;
- The site must be at least 0.25 hectares in size or capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings (suitable);
- The site must be expected to come forward for development in the next 15 years (achievable);
- The site is considered available if the owner or developer of the site have expressed an interest to sell or develop the land 21 days before its entry on the Register, or if the Local Planning Authority considers there to be no ownership or legal issues to prevent development (available).
It is important to note that just because sites are included in Part 1 of the Brownfield Register, it does not mean that planning permission is guaranteed. However, sites can be included in the Register if they are already allocated for development or if they already have Planning Permission/Permission In Principle for residential development.
The Council will begin to assess the sites to determine which sites to take forward and grant Permission in Principle to, in accordance with Part 2.
Part 1 of the Register is required to be updated annually; future updates will be placed on the Council’s website.
If you would like to suggest a site to be included within the Brownfield Register, please complete the 'site submission form' below. Remember to include a map or outline plan of the site with your submission.
Please email your forms and supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org .