Find out more about the upcoming General Election and how you can register to vote or apply for a postal proxy vote at https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/elections/general-election-2019/
Local Plan (Part 2) - Focused Consultation: Additional Sites Submitted and Policy Options 2017
We are in the process of preparing a Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD) that will form Part 2 of the Allerdale Local Plan. The Site Allocations DPD will identify sites necessary to meet the Borough’s development needs to 2029, as set out in the Strategic and Development Management Policies DPD (Allerdale Local Plan Part 1).
Following a ‘Call for Sites’ conducted at the end of 2013, and ‘Issues and Options’ consultations undertaken in 2014 and 2015, the Council identified those sites that it considered most appropriate for development in its ‘Preferred Options’ consultation carrie out in 2017.
Additional sites: Focused Consultation
We are currently in the process of reviewing the sites identified and policies proposed in response to the comments received. A number of new sites were also suggested to the us for consideration. Therefore we consulted on these additional sites between 20 November 2017 and 22 January 2018.
The sites are illustrated in the consultation document as submitted, with no assessment of their suitability or fit with the Local Plan strategy; they are not being promoted by the Council.
We also consulted on a number of policy options.
Local Plan (Part 2) - Focused Consultation document
Click on the centre circle to read in full screenDownload the Local Plan (Part 2) - Focused Consultation Additional Sites Submitted and Policy Options 9.7 MB Download Local Plan (Part 2) Focused Consultation FAQ 193.8 KB
How were people able to respond?
Hard copies of the documents could be viewed at the Council’s offices at Allerdale House, Workington.
Copies are also available for inspection at the following locations during their normal opening hours:
- Aspatria Library: Local Link, The Brandraw, Aspatria, CA7 3EZ
- Cockermouth Library and Customer Service Centre: Main Street, Cockermouth, CA13 9LU
- Maryport Library: Lawson Street, Maryport CA15 6ND
- Maryport Customer Services Centre: Town Hall, Senhouse Street, Maryport CA15 6BH
- Silloth Library: The Discovery Centre, Liddell Street, Silloth CA7 4DD
- Wigton Library: High Street, Wigton
- Wigton Local Link: Community Office, Market Hall, Wigton CA7 9AA
- Workington Library: Vulcans Lane, Workington, CA14 2ND
Comments were either by email or hard copy using the forms provided.