Bins not been emptied? We do apologise, but due to changes to our waste collection services the crews are finding they are not able to make it to some properties on the right day. We are working to address this. If your bin hasn't been emptied, check our webpage to see if you live in an area we know about and, if so, please just leave your bin out. You do not need to report it to us. We are doing everything we can to return to your property in the following day or two. You can also find out more about the changes to our bin collections and check your bin day with our online calendar.
Grounds maintenance and grass cutting
We work in partnership with ISS Facility Services Landscaping to maintain land that we own. We are responsible for the following:
- Grass cutting and strimming
- Maintenance of trees, shrubs, hedges, roses and flower beds
- Weed control (except highways maintained by Cumbria County Council)
- Litter control and removal of dog faeces
- Planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and plants
- Seeding and marking out of sports pitches
- Protection of nature conservation sites and reserves.
Report any overgrown grass or plants to us using our General Enquiry form:
Maintenance of non-Council land
On non-Council owned sites, the land owners are responsible for the trees and grounds maintenance. Other green spaces may be the responsibility of housing associations, private landowners or other bodies.
Roadside verges are cut and maintained by the Cumbria County Council Highways department.