See the latest news and get more information regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Find out more about help for affected businesses and individuals. Please use our online forms, webchat, app and phone number to contact us. Our offices are closed to the public. We have suspended garden waste collections to free up resource for the other collections.
Grounds maintenance and grass cutting
We work in partnership with Tivoli Services to maintain land that we own. We are responsible for the following:
- Grass cutting and strimming
- Maintenance of trees, shrubs, hedges, roses and flower beds
- Weed control (except highways maintained by Cumbria County Council)
- Litter control and removal of dog faeces
- Planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and plants
- Seeding and marking out of sports pitches
- Protection of nature conservation sites and reserves.
Report any overgrown grass or plants to us using our General Enquiry form:
Maintenance of non-Council land
On non-Council owned sites, the land owners are responsible for the trees and grounds maintenance. Other green spaces may be the responsibility of housing associations, private landowners or other bodies.
Roadside verges are cut and maintained by the Cumbria County Council Highways department.