See the latest news and get more information regarding coronavirus (Covid-19). Find out more about the help for affected businesses, charities and individuals. There is also advice if you are reopening your business and shopping safely. Please use our online forms, webchat, app and phone number to contact us. Our offices remain closed to the public.
We are aware of an issue for those using the Safari browser to view our website, which affects some of the online forms. If you are using Safari to access one of our online forms and see an error message, we recommend using another browser such as Chrome. Our contractor is working on a solution to the issue. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Grounds maintenance and grass cutting
We work in partnership with Tivoli Services to maintain land that we own. We are responsible for the following:
- Grass cutting and strimming
- Maintenance of trees, shrubs, hedges, roses and flower beds
- Weed control (except highways maintained by Cumbria County Council)
- Litter control and removal of dog faeces
- Planting of trees, shrubs, bulbs and plants
- Seeding and marking out of sports pitches
- Protection of nature conservation sites and reserves.
Report any overgrown grass or plants to us using our General Enquiry form:
Maintenance of non-Council land
On non-Council owned sites, the land owners are responsible for the trees and grounds maintenance. Other green spaces may be the responsibility of housing associations, private landowners or other bodies.
Roadside verges are cut and maintained by the Cumbria County Council Highways department.
Sign up for the latest news and updates